www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding non-ASF licensing headers to an Incubating project code base
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 19:29:31 GMT
Adjusting:

  If all lines in the file are covered by CLA/SGA then add ASF header
  Else if some lines in the file are covered by CLA/SGA then add ASF header
(plus the below).

  If some (or all) lines in a file are _NOT_ covered by CLA/SGA:
     If you have reason to believe the contributor expected the file to be
part of a BSD package, add BSD header
     Else add a note that licensing is unknown and try to replace that file
(or those lines) before graduation.

Where it is possible to have both ASF head and BSD header on the one file.

Hen