www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Zookeeper Notice [Was: dependency on CDDL binary]
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:15:38 GMT
So my feedback about ZOOKEEPER-2235 would be that:

a) I like that the LICENSE file is simple (in this case, just the Apache
2.0 license); ie) we're not mixing things that are included in the
distribution with what's in the Apache provided source.

b) I don't like that the NOTICE file is used as a table of contents for the
licenses mixed in the distribution.

c) I like however that there is a table of contents approach, but it (the
NOTICE file) is unreadable. It also refers to NOTICE files for projects
whose licenses don't use NOTICE files and it isn't clear what the license
of the components are - half of them are well described, and half are
omitted (probably because they're Apache 2.0). I also like that this table
of contents provides links to license files within the distribution.

Hen