www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dependency on CDDL binary
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:17:48 GMT
I'm sorry for spamming, but I wanted to make a correction to what I said and add that we have
an entry in the LICENSE file for the dependency:

This distribution bundles servlet-api-2.5, which is available under the CDDL
License. For details, see a copy of the license in
lib/servlet-api-2.5.LICENSE.txt
-Flavio

> On 24 Feb 2016, at 08:15, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Given this discussion, I'm actually interested in confirming that we've done the right
thing in Apache ZooKeeper. For one CDDL dependency we have in ZooKeeper, we have added an
entry to the NOTICE file:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2235>
>
> and we confirmed that other projects were doing it, like Lucene:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4431 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4431>
>
> Is this right?
>
> -Flavio
>
>> On 24 Feb 2016, at 05:42, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com <mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>
wrote:

>> Henri, is it ok for Jun to put this info in the README?  I thought you were telling
them it goes in LICENSE.

>> -Alex
>>
>> From: Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org <mailto:bayard@apache.org>>
>> Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 5:09 PM
>> To: "legal-discuss@apache.org <mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org
<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>
>> Subject: Re: dependency on CDDL binary
>>
>> On dual licensing:
>>
>> As long as that's 'OR' rather than 'AND'.
>>
>> Which with Jersey is the case.
>>
>> On Tuesday, February 23, 2016, Jun Rao <junrao@gmail.com <mailto:junrao@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> Thanks everyone for responding. For now, we will add the CDDL license in our
README.

>>> Also, just to confirm, Jersey is licensed under both CDDL and GPL. So, we can
still have a binary dependency on Jersey as long as we label CDDL in README?

<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','justin@classsoftware.com');>>

isn't removed without the other most likely being removed.

or foo.jar.license/foo.jar.notice (with the notice there containing the required link).