www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Incubating release dependant on LGPL
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 02:41:13 GMT
Hi,

JFYI as suggested by Sam Ruby on the general @ list. [4]

Apache Mynewt [1] is moving towards making it’s first release.

We found that one of the libraries we depend on, viper which is MIT licensed [2], in turn
depends on a library that is LGPLv3 licensed (go-yaml) [3].

It is intended to replace the viper/yaml libraries with ones comparable with the Apache license
and/or enquire if we can obtain the yaml code under a different license.

This will be fixed in a future incubating release and the incubating release artefacts will
contain no LGPL code.

This has been discussed on the incubator list and consensus was that this was OK. [5]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://mynewt.incubator.apache.org
2. https://github.com/spf13/viper/blob/master/LICENSE