www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: OK to distribute some GPL (with special exclusion) licensed build tools?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 08:13:18 GMT
Hi,

> Assuming that's the case, thoughts inline.

From what I can see it's autoconf, automake and M4. All are related projects but not sure
if they are considered under the same umbrella.

Files include compile, config.guess, config.sub, depcomp, install-sh, libel.m4, ltmail.sh,
ltoptions.m4, ltsugar.m4, ltveriosn.m4, lt-obsolete.m4, missing if that helps. Most a GPL
with the exception of install-sh which is MIT and the .m4 files which have:

# This file is free software; the Free Software Foundation gives
# unlimited permission to copy and/or distribute it, with or without
# modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.

> Could add a note to point out the Autoconf tooling is on the list because of the aforementioned
'FSF autoconf license' in Category A.

So a nice to have but not required.

> Would also be good to get a href of some kind for the autoconf license.

Here’s the latest to the autoconf exception license:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/autoconf-exception.html

Is section 2 in that license a concern?

Thanks,
Justin