www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: FAQ: CCLA Optional?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 16:31:58 GMT
On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org> wrote:
> Am I being blind, or is there not a FAQ saying something to the effect of:

Makes two of us. I don't this the understanding bellow (which I share 99.9% btw)
is articulated anywhere on our sites.

> * Is the CCLA required?
> * No, this document only needs to be signed if your employer requires so.

The 0.01% I don't quite share is the modality of the last sentence. I think
we may need to communicate that it actually may be beneficial to the
employer to sign it. But perhaps I'm splitting hair here.

> If not on the site, could I propose that something akin to that be added to
> the FAQ and clarified in the CLA description?
>
>   http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
>   http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html

+1

Thanks,