www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ZeroMQ MPL Licensing plans?
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 17:48:25 GMT
I don't think there is anything about relicensing under the ZeroMQ [L]GPL licenses.  (I don't
see any MPL licenses on those GitHub pages and the actual steps to move to MPL are dependent
on some matters that may not be under anyone's control).

In my reading, ZeroMQ allows any containing application that is simply depending on the library
to be under any license.  That is also pretty clear in the addendum to the COPYING.LESSER
file and in the README.md  License section.

Perhaps a better question is whether that provision on the ZeroMQ code is sufficient for it
to qualify as a special Category B exception already.

 - Dennis