www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adopting non-ASF AL projects
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 19:03:55 GMT

On 12/1/15, 10:34 AM, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

>If the community is dead, there's no one around to give it
>to us :)

I'm not quite sure how to interpret that.  The community is dead, but
most/all of the code owners are probably not and my takeaway from various
threads is that the code owners are the ones who really have
decision-making power especially when the community is effectively dead.
And since a major code owner from each code base has indicated a desire to
donate, I would like to characterize the transaction that way so they
continue to appear to be offering something to us, instead of us taking
something from them.

Is that ok?  Do you care that much about the words in this draft?  Do you
want it to be more conversational as you proposed it instead of line-item
as I proposed it?

Thanks,
-Alex