www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: SGA Alterations
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 01:21:05 GMT
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> +1 speaking directly is fine.
>
> Todd, I would have to concur policy wise with statements made by
> Jim and Marvin so far. Doug should be able to comment on this too
> being at Cloudera and should know that we haven’t changed our SGA
> in the past for specific instances like this and there doesn’t
> seem to warrant doing so in Kudu’s case TBH looking at this.

Sure, and in fact I think Cloudera probably even signed a few of the SGAs
as is in the past. But, as noted elsewhere in the thread, the goal isn't to
have a special SGA only for Kudu, but rather to make some improvements that
would apply for all future SGAs as well. Assuming, of course, that the
ASF's counsel agrees with ours that these are in fact _improvements_. Hard
for me to say, as IANAL :)

So, should I await an introduction to some attorney representing the ASF?
What's the next step to close this out in either direction?

-Todd