www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Using Fonts on a Webbased Service
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:56:33 GMT
More to the point, do these fonts come from some Apache software project
that you have downloaded from an apache.org website?  Or are the fonts
from some other organization, but are provided under the Apache license?
 Many people use the Apache license for their software.

We can't give legal advice here.  But I can say that many other
organizations are doing things very similar to what you're describing,
and have no problems.  The Apache license is meant to allow third
parties and people like you to use software for virtually any purposes,
including for profit or by using or providing the software on a website.

Our license page provides some background as well:

  https://www.apache.org/licenses/

- Shane