www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SGA Alterations
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 21:04:04 GMT
Thank you for the inquiry. As has been mentioned, all previous attempts
and requests for "revised" SGAs have been rejected, but I will have the
below reviewed.

Off the top of my head, however, I think that the changes
to section 2 will not be acceptable, since it results in
the ASF assuming, from what I can see, additional risk beyond
what is current; it looks like the person donating the code
is "hedging" something.

What, if I may ask, is the root cause for this suggested change?
You mention that they are "general improvements" but what, exactly,
is the issue these changes are designed to resolve?

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working with our legal counsel on the SGA for Kudu and Impala entering the incubator.
He requested a few small clarifications to the SGA text which he feels are important before
we can sign the SGA.