www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Finishing release policy codification
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 03:17:14 GMT
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:10 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:

>>> Sorry... On the top of my TODO :)
>>
>> Hello again... Just sending another gentle reminder that this proposal
>> remains pending.
>
> Hi, sending another gentle reminder about this proposal.  Thank you for
> considering it.

Greetings,

The final form of this proposal has now been queued up for review by VP Legal
for two and a half months.  I'm well aware of how busy our VP Legal has been
-- and with all the travel and the keynoting, plus the holidays approaching,
I'm not sure whether things are going to get much clearer any time soon.  And
so, with regards to getting this proposal reviewed, the strategy that we
ordinarily recommend at Apache of being patient but persistent in waiting for
volunteer help does not seem to be working very well.

Would it be appropriate to have the Legal Affairs Committee vote on whether to
approve this proposal instead of blocking on VP Legal?

Also, should this proposal be approved, I plan to submit a series of patches
via Jira to the Release FAQ.  I'm not on Legal Affairs, though.  As an ASF
Member, do I have permissions to edit the website (which I would of course
exercise judiciously and only after establishing that it's OK to do so), or
will I need to wait on a Legal Affairs committee member to apply changes?

Marvin Humphrey