www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Luke Han <luke...@gmail.com>
Subject About filed patent
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 05:10:18 GMT
Hi there,
     Apache Kylin is going to graduate to TLP, this discussion [1] in
general list now.

     When we are preparing all the paper work, according Apache License and
Patent [2], I would like to inquire about following:
     Before open source Kylin, eBay has filed one patent with Kylin's idea:
Hadoop OLAP Engine. And we have been told this should not an issue for eBay
to continue to own this patent but just need some disclosure or something
else.
     Would you please help to kindly guide us if there's any process for
this, should we involve our legal team for the detail and follow up?
     Thanks.

[1] http://s.apache.org/KylinGradauteDiscussGeneral
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0#patent

Best Regards!