www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Finishing release policy codification
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:37:11 GMT
Hi Marvin,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>>>...Just sending a gentle reminder that this proposal is pending...

I have reviewed the first part of [1] up to the FAQ section.

I have one comment:

"Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED...to
compile as provided, and test the result on their own platform."

In a multi-language project that's not possible, some people will
check the java build, others the c++/windows version etc.

I'd replace that with "and, as much as possible, compile as provided
and test the result on their own platform.".

And one suggestion: splitting the FAQ to a separate page would help
make the main part stronger and more "sacred" IMO.

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/rectang/asfrelease/blob/draft3/release.md