www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: About filed patent
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:17:18 GMT
Hold in a tic... is this question related to something being
created BY the ASF or FOR the ASF? My understanding is that
this is something that eBay desires. In which case, they are
not bound by what is ASF Policy about how *we* handle NOTICE
but, instead, or bound by what the ALv2 describes about NOTICE.

If the question is where does a *project* put notice about
something that they know about, such as some patent info,
then, unless that notice is included in a previous NOTICE,
unless it is legally required in NOTICE, we don't put it
there.

We need to be clear on what is policy and what is not. We
control just ASF policy and what we, as a foundation and
as project use NOTICE as: it is compliant w/ the requirements
of the ALv2, but we 'restrict' *our* usage to legally required.
But that restriction does NOT hold for others.