www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Inquiry Regarding Apache Licensing
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:53:03 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote on 10/14/15 9:57 AM:
> On 14/10/2015 14:19, Loveless, Brittny wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>

>> Can you confirm whether redlines to the apache agreement are reviewed
>> and approved by Apache Legal, or is this more of a “click-wrap” type
>> agreement whereby Apache does not agree to make any requested changes?
>
> Please note I am not empowered to speak on behalf of the ASF and this
> should in no way be considered an official reply.

Similarly I cannot speak officially on this subject.

If you were asking about Contributor License Agreements (either
individual ICLA or corporate CCLA) or Software Grants, please note that
in general the ASF has *not* allowed changes to these agreements when
accepting them.

  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

If you do have specific reasons to request changes to a specific
agreement, feel free to propose them, along with a rationale why you're
requesting the change.  But I would not expect they'd be accepted.

- Shane