www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Headers for generated JavaScript files
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 05:09:46 GMT
Hi,

Apache Flex has a cross-compiler (aka transpiler).  It takes ActionScript
as an input source language and cross-compiles it into JavaScript.  If you
are familiar with TypeScript and its compiler, it is pretty similar.  The
binary package for the compiler contains some of these cross-compiled .js
files as output.  We are pondering whether we should add ASF headers to
these files or some header like: “Generated by Apache Flex Cross-Compiler”
or leave it as is.

IMO, it isn’t source.  Yes, folks can modify it and should be able to do
so under AL.  Thoughts, opinions, precedence?

Thanks in advance,
-Alex