www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: IP clearance for Apache Serf
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:23:13 GMT
Imo needs to go through the incubator.

Better write this question to general@incubator@a.o I’d say.

Incubation could be pretty quick, but imo it should be done that way.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 16.09.2015 um 20:16 schrieb Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com>:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I'm tasked with figuring out the appropriate level of handling for the code that we migrated
to Apache Serf. The amount of "work" is somewhere between "nothing" and maybe a "short form"
or Software Grant.

> Background:
>
> * serf started as an Apache project, with myself and Justin Erankrantz working on it
> * the ASF likes 3 or more people, so we moved it "out" of the ASF in 2003
> * ALL committers to the outside project were required to file an ICLA with the ASF, if
they didn't already have one
> * the code has now returned to the ASF
>
> The way I see it, because every committer had an ICLA, then it seems reasonable to assume
the ASF has what it needs and nothing more needs to be done. But then again, the commit was
not into the ASF's code repository.