www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Publishing java artifacts from AOO to Maven Repository
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 15:29:09 GMT
Greetings,

I am a commiter on the Apache OpenOffice project.  I'm looking for
guidance on publishing certain java artifacts extracted from an official
release of OpenOffice to the Maven repository for use in other Java
projects as dependencies.
This allows other programs to work with OpenOffice though API's.

I have approval from the AOO project to move forward but I'm not sure if
this needs to be considered as a separate release or not.

The files in question are:  juh.jar, jurt.jar, ridl.jar, unoil.jar,
officebean.jar

These files are included in the current binary distribution of Apache
OpenOffice version 4.1.1 and unpacked during installation.

Additionally the Maven repository requires the inclusion of source jars
and javadoc jars and a pom.xml file included in the Maven bundles.

There are source zip files for most of these generated during the build
process that are not included in the binary release that would need
converted into jar format manually.  They are juh_src.zip, jurt_src.zip,
ridl_src.zip, officebean_src.zip.
The javadoc jars would also need generated from the zip file contents.

Only unoil.jar has no java source files as it is generated from IDL
files and not java source files.

The files then need PGP signed before uploaded to the repository.

Does this additional process require a separate approval/release process
within the project since the main jar artifacts used were included in a
approved release?

Please CC me in reply as I am not on the legal-discuss list.

Thanks,
Carl