www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Headers for generated JavaScript files
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 07:57:39 GMT
My understanding as a recipient is that having the AL ‎would give me an explicit right to
modify. However, can you be sure it is under AL an you do not apply it JS that is a translation
of proprietary code? I think there's a lot of proprietary Action Script in the world.
Paul

-- fat fingered on my z10 --
  Message d'origine
De: Alex Harui
Envoyé: Sonntag, 6. September 2015 14:10
À: legal-discuss@apache.org
Répondre à: legal-discuss@apache.org
Objet: Headers for generated JavaScript files

Hi,

Apache Flex has a cross-compiler (aka transpiler). It takes ActionScript
as an input source language and cross-compiles it into JavaScript. If you
are familiar with TypeScript and its compiler, it is pretty similar. The
binary package for the compiler contains some of these cross-compiled .js
files as output. We are pondering whether we should add ASF headers to
these files or some header like: “Generated by Apache Flex Cross-Compiler”
or leave it as is.

IMO, it isn’t source. Yes, folks can modify it and should be able to do
so under AL. Thoughts, opinions, precedence?

Thanks in advance,
-Alex