www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:55:36 GMT
On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 7:31 AM, Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org> wrote:

> To allow "challenging the status quo, questioning policies, etc " and to
> support having a debate a typical FAQ page isn't so helpful. As an interest
> member I would like policy questions to be linked with to the respective
> decision and discussion so that minority positions are also visible. As an
> interested member I want to know if something is an unquestioned
> interpretation of a principle in the bylaws, or a controversial
> interpretation of an itself controversial policy adopted by a thin majority.

Noting that "controversial interpretation of an itself controversial policy
adopted by a thin majority" isn't a situation we have.

We have "controversial disagreement by a single list participant".

The main item that pains me (as I'm happy to ignore threads or gloss over
noise) is when a JIRA issue opened for assistance gets wildly differing

Hen