www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Third Party FOSS licenses
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 03:04:20 GMT
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> Kind of mind-blowing, isn't it? All this time we've been trying to view an Apache work
as some integrated source code artifact that can be turned into hidden proprietary stuff.
That's never been completely true, and with MPLv2 and other FOSS components it is even less
true. But it is still all FOSS.

Again, you elided the key point, and are not addressing the original
question.  I'll reword the question:

Are you saying that it is NEVER possible to simultaneously "obey all
the conditions of the (ALv2) license" and "not ship the source code
for my modifications of code originally licensed under ALv2".?

Are you saying that it is EVER possible to simultaneously "obey all
the conditions of the (MPLv2) license" and "not ship the source code
for my modifications of code originally licensed under MPLv2".?

- Sam Ruby