www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject RE: Third Party FOSS licenses
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 16:23:39 GMT
On Aug 2, 2015 11:14 AM, "Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> It isn't a legal issue? I have been disgusted over the years how people
like you (and the GPL fanatics) have damaged the FOSS movement by turning
understandable licensing details into a religious morass. Our very own
sponsors participate eagerly in Mozilla and Eclipse projects, and they
"co-mingle" those programs every day. But here at Apache it is apparently
sufficient to say, for unknown reasons, "we simply don't want to change."

There are many, many things which I am legally permitted to do and yet
choose not to do. I don't offer you any explanation of those things.

Meanwhile, the reasons that the ASF chooses not to change have been
repeatedly and exhaustively explained. Yet you persist in calling them
"unknown reasons."

They are known, you just happen to disagree with them, which nobody has a
problem with.