www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 10:23:02 GMT
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:54 AM, Reto Gmür <reto@wymiwyg.com> wrote:

> I agree that the FAQ is not in itself a place for debate. But I think it
> could be a tool to facilitate the debates taking place elsewhere, it could
> help distinguishing the more essential from the more accidental properties
> of the ASF. I think Legal might help making more visible where the
> decisions comes from. I'm imagining that on a specific authoritative
> statement (e.g. FAQ answers) I have links leading to the
> decision/discussion and 1-n links to the underlying principles upon which
> the decision is based, recursively till I end at a decision of the
> membership or the legal framework on which the foundation is based on.

Please remember we are a volunteer organization. Your request for a full
audit trail on all decisions requires *work*. Historically, we have NOT
performed such an extensive audit and recording, but relied upon group
memory.

If you believe we need an audit trail, then I suggest you begin working on
such. Empirical evidence seems to show others are unwilling to do the
legwork.

Cheers,
-g