www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity and MPLv2 and ECL
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 05:17:26 GMT
And therein lies the problem.

The MPL says that if you must make the source code available even if you modify it.  That
is a restriction that many companies want nothing to do with and is completely at odds with
your statement that they can distribute the software without restrictions.  This is why everyone
is frustrated with you.  You simply don’t seem to understand what the ASF is about.

Ralph

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>
> Ralph Goers wrote:
> > .  It isn’t “I don’t want to”. It is that we WANT to allow proprietary companies
to be able to take our software, modify it and then do whatever they want with it WITHOUT
restrictions.  You have chosen to ignore this every time it has been said