www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 02:59:26 GMT
On 8/11/15 4:22 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Larry, item 1 doesn’t seem to work.  I’ve seen the same “rational”
> reason posted probably a dozen times.  It isn’t “I don’t want to”. It
> is that we WANT to allow proprietary companies to be able to take our
> software, modify it and then do whatever they want with it WITHOUT
> restrictions.  You have chosen to ignore this every time it has been
> said.

It's actually simpler than that.  This is not a democracy; it's a
corporation.  Licensing policy for Apache projects is set by VP, Legal,
who is appointed by the board.  Since it's clear Jim isn't planning to
change our licensing policy, many of these threads are moot in terms of
influencing ASF policies.

- Shane