www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:13:07 GMT
On 12/08/2015 01:26, Greg Stein wrote:

<snip/>

> Bugging VP of
> Legal to "fix" his mailing list (ie. reduce the noise, improve the
> signal) is an option for anybody. And yes, I've just implicitly asked
> him :-)

<snip/>

More a job for the moderators than the VP. I'd expect the VP to step if
the moderators either failed to act or acted unreasonably.

The current list of moderators is:
Bill Stoddard
Jay McHugh
Luciano Resende
Sam Ruby
Cliff Schmidt
Noel J. Bergman

On the basis they aren't very active at the ASF these days, I'll remove
Bill, Jay, Cliff and Noel in ~72 hours unless one of them or Jim objects.

I've just added myself to the list of moderators.

If the noise on this list continues then I intend to do the following.

1. Unsubscribe the offending users. With the current mailing list
configuration that would make their posts subject to moderation. The
moderators would then allow or reject posts from those users on a case
by case basis.

2. If 1) works, and the users modify their behaviour, then the users can
be re-subscribed to the list.

3. If 1) fails to stem the noise then the users will be added to the
deny list. That will prevent their posts reaching the list and the
moderators will not be notified.

Cheers,

Mark