www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity and Eclipse
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 21:19:27 GMT
Can you detect that I am one of the members from which you have received such an email explaining
that i am happy with the current policy and explaining how the current policy directly supports
my employment?

thanks
david jencks

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 4:49 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>
> Mark Thomas wrote:
> > What Larry can't seem to get his head around is that the membership is happy with
the current policy and - despite the points he raises - has no wish to change it.

> The only email I can find from you in my archives even remotely on this topic was dated
5/20/2015 and it discussed the compliance of our Tomcat 7 release notes with the Eclipse License.
 Perhaps I misfiled your comments. Please forward me any other email from you "that the membership
is happy with the current policy and - despite the points he raises - has no wish to change
it."  I do acknowledge having received some such email, but not from many members. Not many
at all!

> Speaking of the Eclipse License, do you want me to start another thread about our willingness
to aggregate Eclipse code with ALv2 code? I am confident that a large number of companies
<http://www.eclipse.org/membership/showAllMembers.php> will approve that. I am confident
that the Eclipse Foundation will not object.

> /Larry

be more than enough to convince him his voice has been heard.

> What Larry can't seem to get his head around is that the membership is happy with the
current policy and - despite the points he raises - has no wish to change it.

> > I've thought perhaps a referendum membership vote (with steve) might
> > help? or maybe an explicit vote by the board [vs implicit by keeping
> > Jim around:)] or, ?
>
> More than enough time has been wasted repeatedly responding to Larry only for him to
ignore responses he doesn't like. We don't need to waste more time trying to appease Larry.
If Larry wants to try and raise this at the annual members meeting he is free to do so. I
note he has asked again today for folks employed by big companies to speak up with their views
on his proposal. Several of us already have (in favour of the current policy) and he continues
to ignore those posts.

> At this point Larry's behaviour is best categorised as trolling and should be treated
as such. If the trolling behaviour continues then I'll treat it the same way I'd treat it
on any other ASF list: by unsubscribing the troll.