www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: Creative Commons BY 4.0 license compatible?
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 18:50:09 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Returning back to the discussion at hand, if CC-BY 5.0 were willing to drop
> the anti-DRM provision (perhaps simultaneously releasing a CC-BY-NO-DRM
> license?), I see it as likely that both the Mozilla Foundation and Apache
> Software Foundation would find the result to be compatible with their
> respective licenses.

Victory!

BTW, I don't believe there is any effective NO-DRM provision to be implied, stated expressly
or allowed in CC-BY or any FOSS license. (See OSD.)  But that is for Creative Commons to discuss
when Diane Peters returns from vacation.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
"If this were legal advice it would have been accompanied by a bill."