www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: on consensus, and serenity
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:22:28 GMT
Larry, item 1 doesn’t seem to work.  I’ve seen the same “rational” reason posted probably
a dozen times.  It isn’t “I don’t want to”. It is that we WANT to allow proprietary
companies to be able to take our software, modify it and then do whatever they want with it
WITHOUT restrictions.  You have chosen to ignore this every time it has been said.

Ralph

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 1:15 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>
> Tim Williams wrote:
>> I'm curious how we can work ourselves out of this nagging cycle
>> of Larry encouraging us to be more liberal in our licenses because
>> we legally can and us responding with we don't want to even if
>> we could legally get away with it?
>
> 1. By responding with a *rational* reason, regardless of its legality. I have never been
comfortable with kids saying "but I don't want to."

> or
>
> 2. By forcing me off this Apache public list onto other public forums for influencing
FOSS behavior.