www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From SUNG HAN KIM <sunghan_...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: InfoWorld article on LibreOffice and OpenOffice
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 20:12:06 GMT
Dear Esq., Rosen,

Regarding on this matter, Soon you will have discussion with my representing law firm.

Root DNS & All Unifrom Resource, Root Certificate Authority & Intellectual Property
Owner BoG of the FRS SUNGHAN KIM

> On Aug 5, 2015, at 15:41, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>
> FYI.  I'm sorry to cite "competitive" open source publicity here, but Third Party License
policies matter.  /Larry

> Interoperation is one of the main difficulties organizations have previously faced with
both OpenOffice and LibreOffice. During Munich's multiyear migration from proprietary software
(read: Microsoft), the city's administration decided to go with LibreOffice over OpenOffice
back in 2012. (One cited reason was "the greater flexibility of the project regarding consumption
of open source licenses.") But as of mid-2014, the city has been mulling a switch back to
Microsoft, in part due to user complaints about usability and compatibility.