www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is ASF position on documentation plagiarism?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 16:37:46 GMT
The definition of  "plagiarism", in college definition of the word, is when
the author quotes(or should i say, cut-and-pastes) a lot of foreign content
 without attribution, in this case required by A2. By placing his name on
the book, and nothing else added, he basically says "I wrote (created) this
and I have a copyright on this." As it is actually exactly stated on the
copyright page of the book. As it is mentioned in A2 FAQ, the user of A2
license cannot state "I created this". Much less claim exclusive content
copyright. In this sense, A2 would be violated won't it? Well let us call
it "omission".

Nowhere there was a claim the content cannot be copied though, in fact,
wider dissemination of content should be and is our goal. As long as
reference to where content is taken from is given.