www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Google Closure Compiler License
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 19:04:10 GMT
Actually, I was just proposing that they try to take all of their changes and re-apply them
to an MPL version, but your idea seems better.

GCC claims there are two files that are based on Rhino.  I did a diff in the Rhino repo of
the version GCC claims to have started with vs the version where Rhino changed to MPL.  There
are a few differences.  I can post them here if you want to see them, but what kinds of things
would block GCC from just claiming they can switch to MPL like Rhino did?

I saw the addition of a new entry or two to an enum in each file, a new enumToString method,
and a recursive tree walk.

Thanks,
-Alex

From: Henri Yandell <bayard@apache.org<mailto:bayard@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM
To: "legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Google Closure Compiler License

I agree with your proposal in the linked issue 273.

* identify the version of files originally imported from Rhino.
* identify an MPL version - presumably at the time of relicense.
* compare.
* if the same, relicense at GCC. If different, review further.

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>