www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: LICENSE and NOTICE for EXE and DMG files
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 21:01:38 GMT
On 6/12/15, 1:29 PM, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
>Nobody cares about the details. Just follow the intent and we are fine.
>It is usually sufficient to provide the file separately if each separable
>part contains summary+links back to the long form, but that is only done
>when there is a definite reason why the LICENSE and NOTICE cannot be
>embedded
>inside the distributed artifact.

OK, thanks.  One more question while I have folks’ attention:

This is not the first release of this product.  What is the Apache policy
on IP issues found in already-shipped releases?  Do projects have to go
back and fix them?  Remove the artifacts from dist and archive?  Or just
fix it in the next release?  I’m not talking about any really big issue
like bundling GPL or proprietary code, but for releases where we realize
now that we didn’t follow the L & N How-to correctly.

Thanks in advance,
-Alex