www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Impasses and decision-making
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 06:48:04 GMT
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> Rich Bowen wrote:
> > If you wish to have policy changes, then, as Greg said:
>
> >> submit a formal proposal to VP Legal Affairs.
>

> See attached. Over to you and to the public!
>

> I welcome discussion and friendly amendments.
>

> I already sent those emails to this list. If you need them converted into
> some **required** format, then please do it yourself. That would be
> helpful, particularly if you post them online in a public Apache wiki or
> something useful for online democratic processes to take place. I'll help
> edit. Maybe that will work?

I can only assume the point of a formal proposal is to have a formal vote
to show the committee is not in favour of the proposal.

Personally I think that should be assumed and the next step is to adapt the
proposal per the feedback given to see if a consensus can be reached, or
to  shelve the proposals if no adaptation is acceptable to the author.

Hen