www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal Next: Disclosure of standards Implemented by Apache projects
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 01:44:36 GMT
On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> Please remember that a NOTICE file should also contain a list of all *industry
> standards* implemented in that Apache aggregation.

Please be careful with your verb tense. "Should" is part of your proposal.
Not what is part of our current policy.

Personally, I'm with OtherBill, and would place that kind of information
into a README or the website/docco. NOTICE has (historically) been reserved
purely for licensing information. Not supplemental facts about the released
product.

-g