www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Disclosure of patents by Apache projects
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 02:03:42 GMT
On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> When an Apache project purposely infringes an actual patent that we have a
> FOSS license to, it would be polite to say something like:

Pure hypothetical. We don't, so this "solution" is premature. We don't know
the characteristics of any patents in our products, nor we do know what the
holders/owners want to do about it.

There are way too many variables, making this hypothetical Q&A just so many
unwanted bits in the ether. We don't have an actual question/situation, so
this speculation of what we would do is ... speculation.

And we continue to avoid "policy" for untested hypotheticals.

-g