www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Disclosure of patents by Apache projects
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 09:24:10 GMT
On 2 June 2015 at 21:06, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> Roy Fielding wrote:
>
> > ALv2 covers our software products, not our disclosures.
>

> ALv2  and its disclaimer of warranties covers our entire copyrighted
> aggregations *including our NOTICE files*. :-)

ROFL. Trust a solicitor to focus on a nit!

In that case shouldn't the NOTICE file include the ALv2 header just in case
it gets separated from the license.

IOW should https://github.com/apache/httpd/blob/trunk/NOTICE not start with
something like:

/* Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See this NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.