www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Proposal: Disclosure of patents by Apache projects
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 21:06:27 GMT
I think Marks concerns should be taken quite seriously.

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 3, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 03/06/2015 14:38, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:59 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org
>> <mailto:asf@shanecurcuru.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    On 6/3/15 8:44 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> But what's the point of any of this?  There's no reason to require Sneaky Author
to enumerate anything because via contribution via the AL, they have granted a license to
anything they have necessarily infringed by the contribution (or combined contribution and
existing work)

>>> And I as the recipient don't really care - I know that via the patent grant in
the AL, Sneaky Author can't come after me for any patents they hold (enumerated or not) that
read on the work they contributed to.