www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Deyager, Kevin" <kevin.deya...@hp.com>
Subject Question on acceptable language for SGA Exhibit A text
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:35:20 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about Software Grant Agreement Exhibit A language and its acceptability
to the Apache Software Foundation.  I am working on the incubating Apache project Trafodion
and I was directed to the list by our helpful mentors.  Would it be acceptable to simply specify
the grant using language like the following?
Trafodion is SQL-on-Hadoop software enabling transactional or operational workloads on Hadoop.
 This is defined by the files containing an HP copyright in the Trafodion GitHub repositories
at https://github.com/trafodion.
Some of the files in the repos are from BSD, Apache, etc... and are not HP copyright.  HP
released the software over a year ago under the Apache License, Version 2.
Any other guidance on language is appreciated. We are anxious to submit and get going!
Thanks,
- Kevin

Kevin DeYager
Product Manager