www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy not allowed to include its "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License" licensed documentation in the distribution?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 07:30:20 GMT
Le 17/06/15 09:14, Pascal Schumacher a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> from this discussion and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-167 I deduct, that Groovy
> can not include its "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
> Unported License" licensed documentation in the distribution. Is that
> correct?

Pascal,

this is a discussion we are having right at the moment between mentors.
Thanks for bringing it here.

The thing is that it's unclear, and thus the best way to get out of this
lack of clarity is to get rid of CC-BY-SA-3.0 licensed file.

It seems like Cédric said at one point that he was considering changing
the license for the documentation (from CC-BY_SA-3.0 to AL 2.0) and that
would be the best move, IMO.

Note that this question has been raised early in the process of
incubating Groovy, and I made a mistake stating that keeping these files
with this license "seems correct".

Jim suggested that the doco could be packaged separately from Groovy but
that would probably mean a lot of work to separate the doco files from
teh trunk, AFAICT...

Thoughts ?