www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@apache.org>
Subject [Apache Creadur/RAT-206] Request to add support for Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike / what LICENSE snippet to scan for?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:25:30 GMT
Hi *,

we've received a request to add a new license to Apache Creadur/RAT
(release audit tool). We are not sure which text needs to be included in
files to be properly CC-licensed?

The page
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa
says that CC-SA is a valid license for Apache projects.

What is a valid file header we need to scan for to properly mark it as
CC-licensed during RAT runs?
Is it
'
THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS
CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). THE WORK IS
PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE
WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE OR COPYRIGHT LAW IS
PROHIBITED.

BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND
AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS
YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF
SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
'
?

Thanks for any feedback before we start implementing this feature.

Cheers,
Phil

PS: Links for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-206