www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Disclosure of patents by Apache projects
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 23:09:20 GMT
Le 02/06/15 22:06, Lawrence Rosen a écrit :
> To the rest of us in Apache projects, though, your expert opinions
> about patents are what matters most. So when one of our respected
> members says "this patent is BS, IMHO" then I am likely not to be
> worried tonight. I would much wish that he had said something of more
> technical value, and that he was willing to say it aloud in a NOTICE
> file that bears no ASF warranties.
What for ?? Seriously, I explained why I do think why this patent is
plain BS because of existing prior act, what more do we need ? Why
should I spend hours writing in correct english and legal terminology
(something I'm not capabale of producing) in a NOTICE that some stupid
company decided it was useful to pay some of their employees to fulfill
a piece of document which is a waste of their time and their money ?

Rgeardless of the US laws, which is still in the process of deciding
that patnenting software patents is just as useful as patenting
mathematic formulas, something that many countries in the world have
already stated, it's not ours to warn our users about hypothetical risks
that does not even exist. Simply because *if* someone can patent some
software, then we can shutdown The ASF.

Bottom line: not my problem, not even a problem. Let's move on.