www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The Law VS policy
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 22:01:16 GMT

> On 10 May 2015, at 14:07, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> When discussing whether a policy should be relaxed we need hard evidence of the need
for that relaxation. Assertions from personal experience (or worse, beliefs) are not sufficient.

Quite agree. But then what would be? I would have to presume that the sinequanon is that no
change in policy can compromise the Apache Way. And no one license comprises it.

In regard to the AOO/TDF talks, it’s important that the PMC and community at large understand
what is at stake in accepting the terms laid down by TDF and how those terms may (?) compromise
the Apache Way, at least as expressed in the AOO Project.

louis