www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ariel Weisberg <ariel.weisb...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Incorporating modified source code from one Apache project inside another
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 21:27:13 GMT
Hi,

OK consider me educated WRT Apache not having copyright assignment. I was
thrown off by

2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
   this Agreement, You hereby grant to the Foundation and to
   recipients of software distributed by the Foundation a perpetual,
   worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
   copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of,
   publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your
   Contributions and such derivative works.

Which looks kind of like joint copyright ownership.

Ant already provides an extension point (ant-junit formatters) here and the
classes are modifications of implementations shipped with ant. The issue I
am addressing is possibly self (where self is Casssandra) inflicted so I
don't think it calls for a change in Ant.

Thanks,
Ariel