www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject The Law VS policy
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 18:07:53 GMT
Debate over third party license policy is good (and should be on public lists as should almost
everything in the ASF).

When debating can we please remember that there is a difference between the law (what we are
legally entitled to do) and our policy (what we want to do in order to have the least barriers
for our community members).

Any argument that ignores either of these two aspects is incomplete.

When discussing whether a policy should be relaxed we need hard evidence of the need for that
relaxation. Assertions from personal experience (or worse, beliefs) are not sufficient.

Ross

Sent from my Windows Phone