www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Disclosure of patents by Apache projects
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 19:30:14 GMT
Can I be pragmatic?
When you say "we inform our users", I would be rather quiet by seeing a
tiny mention somewhere in the corner of a project home page. But there
is no way we can do more. Or? That corner might well just be the NOTICE
file.

When, however, there's a feeling that this gun might be loaded, then I
guess the press should be informed... In the future, future downloaders
should take the time to read that notice file (hoping it does not
transform into a monster EULA).

paul