www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Apache Third Party License Policy
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 17:22:01 GMT
On 5/16/15 7:44 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Currently I would describe Apache 3P policy, roughly, as:
>
> "Apache Software intends to use no licensing that will affect the
> licensing of your product or Apache's product, beyond the affect that
> Apache's license makes. "

Exactly, except please either say "Apache" informally, or "Apache
Software Foundation" in formal contexts.

Missing the "Foundation" here misses the real message: that the ASF as
an organization is committed to continuing to produce software for the
public good without any additional restrictions on use or redistribution
of our software other than what is already in the Apache License 2.0.

- Shane