www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Apache Third Party License Policy
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 20:18:02 GMT

> On May 20, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>

>> My question is about whether "Eclipse Public License -v 1.0"
>> is compatible with our Apache License 2.0.
>> I couldn't find an answer on https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html.
>
> The obvious answer we could state in a short FAQ: "Of course. All FOSS licenses are compatible
for aggregations.”

The fundamental problem here is that it seems that most of the rest of us disagree completely
with this statement. I know I do. Yes, I am not an attorney, but I don’t need to be to express
that the many conversations I have had with attorneys for the companies I have worked for
and that their (possibly incorrect) opinions are the reason why we would prefer to be overly
conservative.

Ralph