www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Rosen" <lro...@rosenlaw.com>
Subject RE: License Policy (Was: TDF/LO talks status.)
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 19:02:32 GMT
Hi Ted, you encouraged me to look back at your LinkedIn profile. (We're 1st linked already!)
You have an outstanding background and you are a long-time contributor to Apache and open
source!

I noticed this at the beginning: "Currently I am Chief Application Architect where we make
the most advanced version of Hadoop on the planet. Ping me for details!"

When you say "version of Hadoop" may I assume that your company has reviewed the patent situation
with that software? (I personally am aware of certain patent claims that we discussed in legal-internal@
several years ago.) Are you confident that your version of Hadoop complies with the licenses
that apply to all components in your version of Hadoop?

If you are not confident you ought to become so. My only involvement is proposing that the
Apache Hadoop NOTICE file have all the IP detail that we are aware of.

In any event, I discourage you from answering my questions publicly. :-)

/Larry